Velmurugan is a Tamil singer and actor who has recorded 75+ films and is an independent musician who creates Indigenous songs (Naatupura paadalgal) and folk songs and sings them in concerts and on stages.
He has received Kalai maamani and Kalai valarmani award from the Chief Minister of Tamil nadu.
- More about his achievements
|Birthday||March 5, 1980 – 40 years|
|Native||Village near Virudhachalam|
|School||· Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Mudhanai.
· Jayapriya Vidhayalaya Senior Secondary School, Virudhachalam.
|College||· Government Polytechnic College, Coimbatore.
· Tamil Nadu University.
|Debut Song||Madura Kulunga Kulunga (Subramaniyapuram)|
|Wife Educational Qualification||MBA, PHD.,|
|Currently Living In||Chennai|
More about his achievements
- Singer Velmurugan’s famous works are “Venaam Machaan” from the movie OK-OK, “Otha Sollaala” from Aadukalam.
- He received his Honorary Doctorate from the American Tamil University in 2010.
- He hails from a less fortunate background but his efforts and hard work never stopped which made him reach his current position.
- His voice in the Tamil film Industry is irreplaceable.
- His initial salary was very low (Rs.20/30) as he told in an interview.
- With his skills, he also debuted as an actor in “Enakku Veru Engum Kilaigal Kidayathu” alongside the comedy king Goundamani.
|Madura Kulunga Kulunga||Subramaniapuram|
|Sangili Bungili||Muni 2: Kanchana|
|Venaam Machaan||Oru Kal Oru Kannadi|
|Maya Bazaar||Yennai Arinthaal|
- Edison Award for Best Debut Playback Singer for “Aadungada” song – 2009
- Naatupura Naayagan Award from the late President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam- 2010
- Edison Award for “Kathari Poovazhagi”-2020
- Kalaimaamani Award-2019
- Guiness World Record for Oyilattam with 1418 people organised by Niruthya Nithyalaya and Swarangalin Sangamam Orchestra- 2018
- Mirchi Awards and T Awards for “Kathari Poovazhagi” -2020
- He has also received “The Delhi CM Award” and “Tamil Nadu State Government Award”.