Rekha is a renowned South Indian actress known for her beauty and performance. She debuted at the age of 16 in the movie “Kadalora kavithaigal” directed by the most famous Barathiraja.
She has acted in 75+ films throughout her career both as a heroine during her early days and as a character artist after her second debut.
|Original Name||Sumathi Josephine|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1971|
|Parents||· Father- Varadaraja
· Mother- NA
|Daughter||Anusha – Born in 1998|
|Debut||1986- Kadalora Kavithaigal|
More about Rekha
- Since she had a pretty early career breakthrough she couldn’t continue her education, but the lessons that she has learned from her career are pretty intense.
- Her husband is a seafood exporter. She is often spotted posting seafood pictures on her social media.
- Her next movie is all set for release after the COVID-19 situation.
- She is a caring mother.
- She once told in Biggboss that she wanted to break the image of her being portrayed as family dependent.
- She has a do not judge policy.
- She is a Kalaimaamani recipient.
- She completed her education in Ooty, Tamil Nadu.
|Idhu Oru Thodar Kathai||1987|
|Enga Ooru Paatukaaran||1987|
|Pyaar Prema Kaadhal||2018|
|Annum Innum Ennum||2012|
|Money, Money, Money||2012|
- She has acted in 7+ films every year at the peak of her career between 1986 and 1992 in all the languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada simultaneously.
- She has also played a role in Kana Kaanum Kaalangal serial in Vijay TV and a few serials in Malayalam and Telugu.
- Cine Express Award
- Kalaimaamani Award
- Filmfare for Best Actress in Malayalam for the movie Dasharatham in 1989